Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Salute to Ginger


After waking up to slobbering kisses from my 6 month old mammoth of a puppy, I chose to pour myself a cup of java and have a glance at the daily newspaper. I don't know what it is about picking up an actual newspaper that perks my interest far more than reading it online, but I do so enjoy reviewing the fine newsprint called "The Spokesman Review".
I digress. Today's special topic read, "Health and Fitness". Score. There on the third page read a headline concerning the healing properties of ginger. As it turns out, this amazing root isn't just an afterthought to our favorite spicy tuna roll.
- aid in digestion, relief of stomach cramps, diarrhea, bloating due to gas
- relief of nausea associated with pregnancy
- anti inflammatory properties related to athritis and osteoarthritis
- lower cholesterol, decreases high blood pressure
- lowering fever associated with the common cold, flu, cough, sore throat
- relieve complications from ulcerative colitis
- inhibit replication of herpes simplex virus
click here for the full article and additional tips on how to get all the vitamins and nutrients from our new friend, Ginger!
Feel like kicking up your day by adding this versatile spice? Click HERE, your shopping has now begun.


No comments:

Post a Comment